As provided by article 42 of Act 4481/2017, EDEM’s members and collective management organizations, for whom EDEM has undertaken their rights’ administration through representation contracts, can submit any complaints to EDEM at the following email address email@example.com
The processes of complaints’ submission, evaluation and completion will be executed by EDEM as follows:
- Every member or rightsholder of EDEM, who has assigned EDEM the management of her/his intellectual rights, may submit in writing or via e-mail a signed complaint on any issue pertaining to the contract of right’s assignment and its expiration or the revocation or the termination of said contract, the conditions of member’s admittance, collection of the amounts due to rightsholders, deductions and distributions. The termination of contract should be accompanied by all the required documents which support the allegations of the complainant and can be sent to EDEM either by post or via e-mail or can be handed in by the complainant in person.
- The recipient of the complaint forwards it to the person in charge of the competent department, notifying also EDEM’s General Manager, the Board of Directors and the Supervisory Board. The complainant is formally informed about the receiving of the complaint no later than 3 days after the submission of the complaint.
- The person in charge of the competent department examines the complaint and files a report which she/he submits to EDEM’s General Manager, The Board of Directors and the Supervisory Board with 5 working days. The above recipients are then responsible to reply, and their response is communicated in writing or via e-mail to the complainant within 12 days from the day of receipt.
- If more details are required for the complaint’s completion, the complainant must provide them within the abovementioned deadline of 12 working days. In this case, EDEM shall respond to the complainant in writing and duly justified within no later than 7 working days from the day of receipt of the supplementary details.
- If the complainant requests a hearing by EDEM for discussion regarding the complaint, this request must be included in the initial submission of the complaint. EDEM shall respond to the request for hearing within the above-mentioned deadline of 12 working days.